• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City Tree made my pipe Swiss Cheese. . . any recource?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

morganchess

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Aproxamately three months ago, A tree owned by the city, had breeched my sewer lateral. I tried calling the city to see precisely what they can do about it, and they said that due to the previous owner signing a legal contract to allow the city to put the tree in -- mind you a contract that I have still not seen --

that I am legally bound by this contract, per the city engineer

Is there anything that I can do to determine who has the responsibility of removing the tree and the replacing of the sewer pipe.

FarmerJ

Go to your city hall or county govt center and locate that document, its public information. They have to produce it or at least allow you to look for it on your own in what ever records they have pertaining to the property. Once you have seen it for your self then and only then will you be able to figure out if you can do anything at all about it or not. Dont be too surprised if you dont like what you find.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">