• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

colorado agricultural partition fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hagan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? colorado
11 yrs ago we built a fence between our land and the neighbors. It was about 4-6" on our side of the property line...but always considered as the fence between us. 2 1/2 yrs ago the owner sold. 1/2 the fence needed repair so we removed the wire to put in new posts and the wire was stolen. Long story but the new neighbors hate us (nothing weve done). they now erected a legal fence...about 2-3 feet on their side of the property line. I know colorado is fence out so i can run my horses in my pasture and on that 2-3 feet..my question is how do i fence the ends? since this is between our properties but on their side is it still a legal partition fence? there is case law mentioned in the colo statutes that says a fence 10' inside the property boundary line does not comply with the statutes but nothing that clarifys the reverse...if i cant tie a wire to their corner post my horses can escape unless i build another fence on my side - and the neighbors posted a no trespass sign on our side of the fence in the 2' "easement" created by their placement of their fence. i know its crazy...lifes too short...we've put the house up for sale but in the meantime....

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? colorado
11 yrs ago we built a fence between our land and the neighbors. It was about 4-6" on our side of the property line...but always considered as the fence between us. 2 1/2 yrs ago the owner sold. 1/2 the fence needed repair so we removed the wire to put in new posts and the wire was stolen. Long story but the new neighbors hate us (nothing weve done). they now erected a legal fence...about 2-3 feet on their side of the property line. I know colorado is fence out so i can run my horses in my pasture and on that 2-3 feet..my question is how do i fence the ends? since this is between our properties but on their side is it still a legal partition fence? there is case law mentioned in the colo statutes that says a fence 10' inside the property boundary line does not comply with the statutes but nothing that clarifys the reverse...if i cant tie a wire to their corner post my horses can escape unless i build another fence on my side - and the neighbors posted a no trespass sign on our side of the fence in the 2' "easement" created by their placement of their fence. i know its crazy...lifes too short...we've put the house up for sale but in the meantime....
**A: you are responsible for your onw fence on your own property. You can't use the neighbors fence as your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">