• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

community drive parking rules in nyc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ahtisham77

community drive in nyc

Hello there,
I have a bit unusual problem I own a corner house and part of the lot at the back of my house is dedicated to community drive. Unfortunately no community board exist. Now the person who live at the different community across the street comes and park her car in the community drive block one half side of the drive. Since it is my property and I am liable for its maintaince. Do I have right to get her car towed away. Since it is in the private property. I have told her many times. Because people accessing the drive have to be really careful in order to turn and can cause a damage to my property or worst some one driving into it.
Please advise if possible. What my options are.
Thank you and best regards,

LdiJ

Hello there,
I have a bit unusual problem I own a corner house and part of the lot at the back of my house is dedicated to community drive. Unfortunately no community board exist. Now the person who live at the different community across the street comes and park her car in the community drive block one half side of the drive. Since it is my property and I am liable for its maintaince. Do I have right to get her car towed away. Since it is in the private property. I have told her many times. Because people accessing the drive have to be really careful in order to turn and can cause a damage to my property or worst some one driving into it.
Please advise if possible. What my options are.
Thank you and best regards,
I would post a sign that says "Private drive for XXX community. No Parking allowed. Trespassers will be towed". Since the person parking is apparently part of a different community, that should solve the problem. If she violates, have her towed.

Ahtisham77

thank you For the reply,

Thank you for the reply,
The signs already posted.
Spoke to NYPD. They stated that this is a private property can not issue summons. And don't know what are the laws if I need any permission from any nyc department before towing that car.
car anyone has an idea what does the law stats if there is any which is in place in situations like this.
Best regards,
I would post a sign that says "Private drive for XXX community. No Parking allowed. Trespassers will be towed". Since the person parking is apparently part of a different community, that should solve the problem. If she violates, have her towed.

FlyingRon

If you've posted the property, I'd place a conspicuous notice on the car that it will be towed. There are certainly towing companies in all five boroughs who specialize in removing cars from private property and those who block private drives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">