• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo - Noise From Above

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CNS4287

New Jersey

I am a condo owner - Do I have any legal recourse when 2nd floor owners, by Association rules, are supposed to have 80% of their unit carpeted and they do not and the noise from their stomping around, screaming at each other, dog barking and nails scraping across the bare floor, chairs scraping, wearing shoes with heels, etc., etc. is driving me crazy? And my waking up and going to sleep is on their schedule? And I'm trying to sell but their stomping feel are driving people away? I've tried talking to them, writing them a letter, contacting the Association (the Association refuses to do anything about it) and it's resulted in making the problem worse? :mad:

mcbinn

I would love to hear back on this too, as i have the same issue. we have 4 guys upstairs who are loud, and also having a hard time selling our condo. we get very close and now three times, we've had buyers pull out when they find out there are 4 noisy renters upstairs. we only have 3 units in our building, 2 of which are owned by one owner and the other by us. He refuses to buy our unit, but he has made our condo into a rental. i am fuming! our place has been on teh market for 7 months now. would love to hear advice....

melody301

Advice

I would love to hear back on this too, as i have the same issue. we have 4 guys upstairs who are loud, and also having a hard time selling our condo. we get very close and now three times, we've had buyers pull out when they find out there are 4 noisy renters upstairs. we only have 3 units in our building, 2 of which are owned by one owner and the other by us. He refuses to buy our unit, but he has made our condo into a rental. i am fuming! our place has been on teh market for 7 months now. would love to hear advice....
You want advice...start you own thread don't piggy back off of someone elses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">