• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Covanent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vze23c3q

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

Our cul-de-sac has a covenant executed by the corporation that developed the street. I know I signed it when I purchased. The last house was built ten years ago and I don't know the status of the original corp that drew up document.

Is the covenant still valid?

The last house to close now parks an RV trailer in their driveway, viewable from all homes and a huge eye sore. Forbidding trailers in view of other homes is item #2 on the covenant!

Being the last house to close, I don't know if he signed anything (claims he didn't.)

FlyingRon

The developer is not likely to get involved if all the lots are sold.
Do the CCRs provide for the establishment of an HOA of some sort?
You can try single sided legal action to enforce the covenant but it will all be on you. You might try banding your other neighbors together to help.

nextwife

You don't need a HOA to seek enforcement of a CC&R. You and/or a group of you can file in court for enforcement of a deed restriction. I've seen it done without a HOA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">