• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

covenenants and restrictions on public street parking in front of myhome enforceable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cforsys

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I live in a community without a gate with city/public streets. My covenants and restrictions say that we cannot park on the public street in front of our home but we must park in our garage or driveway. We have 4 cars in our family and my driveway is single lane until it nears the double garage such that as many as 3 cars would be blocked in so we normally park 2 in the street so that none are blocked. Others in the neighborhood also park in the street, a lot during the day and fewer at night. We have received 3 letters from the property manager on behalf of the association and they are now threatening $100 fines. There are no city/public signs indicating that parking is not allowed in the street such that it would only be the association and not the city trying to enforce this. Can the homeowners association in Florida enforce no parking in a public street in front of my house? I can see them having a say on my private property but what occurs in the city street would not seem to be enforceable by them. Any advice would be appreciated. I want to talk with them before they try to levy a fine against me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">