• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crazy Neighbor, Legal problems, Help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rayray89

Hello my names Ray and I live in a town called Henderson, Arkansas. My mom, dad, brother and I all moved here 4 years ago from Illinois. We have a neighbor named "Joe" and have had nothing but problems with him since we moved here. Everything started off OK when we first moved here until we found out our neighbor wasn't the nice old guy we thought he was... We found out "Joe" was a career criminal and has been in and out of prison his whole life (now being 66 I believe). His wife came over one morning banging on our door asking to use our phone to call 911 because Joe had disconnected her phones...When I did let her use the phone she returned home and things went down hill from there. As I'm typing this we have cement in our septic tank lines, spray paint all over our yard, and our TV lines have all been cut. We recently got Joe arrested for being a felon with firearms (was firing an m-16 off his back porch and threatening us) he was out of jail an hour after. Before this incident I tried to leave my house and he blocked me on the road, pulled his penis out while calling me a ******, then tried to run me over with his car. The police did nothing still... We have ran out of our savings and don't know what to do at this point...the police refuse to help us and we have no where else to turn... my brother is about to return to hawaii where he is stationed (done two deployments to afghan and iraq) and my parents are worried Joe will do something crazy..we NEED help.

justalayman

Are y'all buying or renting the house? If renting, when the lease ends (of applicable), move elsewhere. If it is dangerous, I would consider breaking my lease and dealing with the consequences. If buying it is obviously more difficult but still a sure way out.

If the police or prosecutor has not done anything, either they don't believe you or there really isn't enough evidence to prosecute anything. You'll have to tell us which it appears to be. That can make a difference in how you proceed.

Rayray89

Help!

we bought the house 4 years ago, the previous owner did not disclose about our septic tank or the fact we have a felon living next door. They also have the 911 call recorded where you can hear the neighbor calling me a f*g and saying he was going to kill me, they also took pics of the empty cement bag, bucket, and hose running to our septic tank. They claim its a civil matter but it should be criminal considering there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
we bought the house 4 years ago, the previous owner did not disclose about our septic tank or the fact we have a felon living next door. They also have the 911 call recorded where you can hear the neighbor calling me a f*g and saying he was going to kill me, they also took pics of the empty cement bag, bucket, and hose running to our septic tank. They claim its a civil matter but it should be criminal considering there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.
The pictures prove a whole lot of nothing. It proves that those items were there, but not who was using them.
People are allowed to be arses. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">