• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damage From Tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ptinky62

What is the name of your state? NY
MY NEIGHBOR HAS A VERY LARGE BLACK WALNUT TREE AND IS CAUSING DAMAGE TO OUR YARD AND GARAGE ROOF. HE REFUSES TO CUT IT DOWN.CAN HE BE LEGALLY FORCED TO REMOVE TREE OR PAY FOR REPAIRS TO MY ROOF?

LindaP777

How is the tree damaging your yard and roof?
You are allowed to trim the tree back to the property line (not over), provided you do not kill the tree.

What is the name of your state? NY
MY NEIGHBOR HAS A VERY LARGE BLACK WALNUT TREE AND IS CAUSING DAMAGE TO OUR YARD AND GARAGE ROOF. HE REFUSES TO CUT IT DOWN.CAN HE BE LEGALLY FORCED TO REMOVE TREE OR PAY FOR REPAIRS TO MY ROOF?
A large Black Walnut tree can be extremely valuable for its wood. Don't just cut it down. Might want to mention to your neighbor that he might just want to sell it. I know of a company that refused an offer from a Japanese company for two trees at $9,000 each.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">