• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dangerous neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kittiee

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hi, I've moved to a new place a year ago and my neighbors started from the first day. First she was telling other neighbors that i cheat on my husband. That I abuse my dog and so on. She just wouldnt stop saying nasty remarks or coming out and sitting outside watching us everytime I'm out or our company comes over. So we went to talk to the landlord. He called them in and whatever they said our complaints were dismissed. We receive a letter saying that the neighbor complants are about me doing all sorts of stuff. I've been called whore, when i sat in my back yard. Now, she does nothing but watch every move I do through her window. I mean this lady knows every move I do outside. She even tells her other neighbor. She also does alot to the neighbor next to me that hates her as well. Now shes moved up because she said hi to me one day, and the neighbor who hates her was her friend but now talks to me. So now shes going around saying that if I do one thing wrong she's calling divice on me. That shes out for blood and she wont stop until I move. She told me to my face that I should just pack up my stuff and leave my family otherwise it wont stop. She hates me to the tee and everything is going down hill because I live here. We moved here to start our life cause we are young. We got our first place and started a family. I want to have another baby so bad but now im in fear... I jsut wanted a happy life and I got this.. THe landlord wont do anything unless we go to court. I was told by a police officer it wont be worth going to court for harrassment. I dont know what to do now? I'm going to loose my kids because of someone who hates me for no reason. She just wont grow up and live life. She lives on making others misable. I sometimes think if i did pack up and leave my family wont be in this mess. They can live normal and happy.

If anyone has any ideas of what we can do I'd appreacted it because i'm on a loosing battle. All i have is a book that i keep all details down with dates.
I have no money to move yet so I'm stuck here in this misable place. I'm afraid of what will happen next.

Thank You

ms.magoo

dangerous neighbours

Well I can really feel for your situation with this very mean woman. But if you want to stay where you're at, its time you took the bal in your hands now. Head the advice of the police, an take her to court. Get a peace bond on her or a restricting order, so that way she will not be allowed to keep on harrassing you. With that order, also comes the strength allowing the police to intervene the next time she wants to harrass you. Then she'll end up in court again and will have to explain her conduct an behavior to the Judge. Just make sure that the Order is worded strongly, so she can't find a loop hole to use against you an keep on the harrassment she so digs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">