• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dead tree and erosion problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loomis

What is the name of your state?
Connecticut

My next door neighbor refuses to maintain his property. He has an obvious dead and rotten tree leaning right at my house and when nature takes it's course, will fall on my house. I have tried talking to him but he refuses to aknowledge the problem I have sent him a registered letter with an arborist report, but refuses to accept the letter.
What next?

Ok, same neighbor, different problem.
Due to years of neglect, water just runs off his yard and is destroying my yard. I have retopsoiled and planted again this year, but the last storm left a 3 foot ditch in my yard from his runoff. Any ideas?
Thanks for any help.What is the name of your state?

Ozark_Sophist

Keep the unopened letter as evidence. You may wish to send another letter both CRRR and regular mail (noting in the letter you are doing so). If that one is also returned, retain it unopened as well.

How can neglect lead to additional water runoff?

loomis

His yard is compacted hardpan, like concrete, from not raking his leaves and nothing will grow there as it's covered by overgrown trees.
Consequently, any rain just runs off his property rather than soaking into the ground.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">