• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dead tree on my property/neighbor wants removed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rainbow1

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Hi
There is a tree that I am pretty sure is on my property that is half dead. It is at the bottom of a hill so I do not see it at all and it does not bother me. My neighbor at the bottom of the hill states that they would like the tree removed because they feel it is endangering their property. I do not feel that I am in any legal obligation to remove the tree. I was always under the understanding that if you neighbors tree has limbs that are hanging on your property you have the right to have them removed. I would like to tell them that if they want to take the tree down, they have my permission.
Also, if I do nothing about it, and the tree comes down because of an act of nature, will their homeowners ins. cover it and will they be able to sue me.? I do not want to be a bad neighbor, but I really cannot afford to take it down.

Happy Trails

rainbow1 said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Hi
There is a tree that I am pretty sure is on my property that is half dead. It is at the bottom of a hill so I do not see it at all and it does not bother me. My neighbor at the bottom of the hill states that they would like the tree removed because they feel it is endangering their property. I do not feel that I am in any legal obligation to remove the tree. I was always under the understanding that if you neighbors tree has limbs that are hanging on your property you have the right to have them removed. I would like to tell them that if they want to take the tree down, they have my permission.
Also, if I do nothing about it, and the tree comes down because of an act of nature, will their homeowners ins. cover it and will they be able to sue me.? I do not want to be a bad neighbor, but I really cannot afford to take it down.
http://www.insurance.com/FAQs/homeFAQDetail.aspx/index/6

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">