• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Duke of Nada

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

I have stray dogs coming onto my property and using my yard as a bathroom and getting into the trash. No real biggie, I called the animal control because I didn't know who owned the dogs if anybody did. I live out in the sticks. The dog catcher failed to catch the dogs several times. Then the dogs gave my dog a skin disease that cost me two hundred dollars to get her over it. A couple of days ago there were dog tracks going over my wife's car. They have started barking all night keeping me and the wife awake. We have called the dog catcher so many times that he quite coming out. Than we called the judge and the dog catcher called us. He said to shoot the dogs and leave beside the road for him to pick up. Do I have the right to shoot the dogs in protecting my property. I don't trust the dog catcher, he might go back on his words if the crap hit the fan. My worst fear is shooting a dog and just wounding it. If it made it back to the owner there could be trouble not to mention the suffering animal. I'm a good shot but things can happen.

Thanks, sorry it was a bit long.

Duke of Nada

They must have been to the dog pound once all ready, because they won't go any were near one of those live traps. That is what are dog catcher/animal control uses. He has had no luck at getting the dogs in it. He set it out for a weak and told us to watch it for him. It had a bone form a spiral cut ham with some meat left on it. Didn't get one of them. I had posted on a local topix forum and since then only one dog has been seen lose. I know where it came from. There was a little girl that would go and get dogs from the pound and let them lose in the holler. She has since moved away with her family leaving the dog.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">