• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driveway on neighbors property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marzak

Maryland. A triangular sliver less than 100 sqaure feet of my driveway is on my neighbors property. I have owned the home for 4 years and the house is 10 years old. The 2 previous owners knew of this discrepancy along with the neighbor. The neighbor now wants to lease the area to me fo $1 a year and is having legal paper drawn up. How and can I annex this property legally? Do Squatter rights apply? What is the statute of limitations?

justalayman

since they were aware of the situation and from what you wrote, it was permissive use and as such, can be revoked at anytime.

He is allowing you an out so you do not have to remove your drive but he is still protected legally from a claim LIKE YOU ARE CONSIDERING..

Sounds like a smart neighbor. Play nice or move your drive. He has the right to force it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">