• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug dealer lives across the way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akrause133

What is the name of your state? Texas

I closed on a condo in Dallas on 5-31. About a month before closing, I was leaving the property when a cop pulled in the parking lot. This is a small - 10 unit condo building in an up and coming area of Dallas (near Highland Park). The cop asked what I was doing there which I found strange. I told him and he said "okay". Then my realtor hung around talking to the cop for a while. I asked her what the cop wanted and she did not tell me until about a week before closing that there was a drug bust in the place across from mine and their was a drug dealer still living across the way from me but he was leaving and he had actually listed his place with her company. I wrote her an email and told her that if he wasn't out by the 31st, I would not close and look for another property. She assured me in writing that he would be out. I closed. It is now June 11th and surprise, surprise...he is not out and he is still selling drugs ( I can tell by the nasty people coming and going). This is a great place in a real great neighborhood except for this. I did not buy my first place so I could call the cops every night like the other neighbors. Please help and let me know if I have any course of action!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">