• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dude next door says I cant sell my lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wrenchooper

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?WI
I have a one acre lot that i divided off from 2 acres that I had my house on.
I had it surveyed off and have a legal registered survey and deed to it
I have a neighbor who does not want anyone to build on it.
I had it sold and when the plumbers came and were doing a perk test the neighbor trespassed and told the potential buyer and the plumbers that they could not put a building on this lot and since the buyer has backed out.
I have no restrictions on the property other than some covenants for building size.
The lot has passed for perk tests and there will be no problems for lot lines or anything
The neighbor also called my realtor and told him that I could not divide and sell my lot.
I dont have a lot of money but I would like to sue this guy for the purchase price that I could have gotten
What are my options
THANKS ALOT

FarmerJ

Let the realtor try to sell again and find out why the realtor wasnt more agressive in encouraging the prospective buyer to review the your documents showing that the city/county already have allowed you to split the property and if they had any problem with doing so they would have denied you . Then go see a real estate atty to have them draw up a letter if you want threatening legal consequences to them . The letter can be a bluff but it may be enough to make them shut up and leave you and any one else who comes to see the lot alone.

BelizeBreeze

wrenchooper said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?WI
I have a one acre lot that i divided off from 2 acres that I had my house on.
I had it surveyed off and have a legal registered survey and deed to it
I have a neighbor who does not want anyone to build on it.
I had it sold and when the plumbers came and were doing a perk test the neighbor trespassed and told the potential buyer and the plumbers that they could not put a building on this lot and since the buyer has backed out.
then why haven't you spoken with an attorney about filing an intentional tort action against the neighbor?
I have no restrictions on the property other than some covenants for building size.
The lot has passed for perk tests and there will be no problems for lot lines or anything
The neighbor also called my realtor and told him that I could not divide and sell my lot.
I dont have a lot of money but I would like to sue this guy for the purchase price that I could have gotten
What are my options
THANKS ALOT
then do it.

An intentional tort occurs when someone purposefully does something to harm another. An intentional tort is inherently more "evil" than the tort of negligence. The tort of negligence deals with accidents; an intentional tort is no accident.

Last edited:

wrenchooper

Thanks for the help
I have an attorney working on an intentional tort case and looks as tho I can sue for costs and probably get a judgement against this jerk

BelizeBreeze

wrenchooper said:
Thanks for the help
I have an attorney working on an intentional tort case and looks as tho I can sue for costs and probably get a judgement against this jerk
Come back and let us know how things turn out....and how it felt to give this idiot the FINGER :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">