• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harleybel

:eek:Washington. I want to continue using my 90 year old neighbors easement, which she has let me use for 25 years, to keep our wooded properties cleaned up. She suggested I figure out what needs to be documented so that I can continue to legally use her easement. Do I need a legal document with her authorization? What doc. name? Where to get? Recorded? Where?

FarmerJ

See a real estate atty and have the atty draw it up , If she currently permits you to drive a vehicle over her property you want to have it spelled out that it is ingress and egress for the purpose of maintaining your property, I say it that way because since you only need it to maintain your property you dont want it open ended to be any kind of use other wise it may well scare away buyers of her property in the future , by limiting the reason it shows your not going have a 4wheeler party every other weekend using her land to access a party on yours . You could even have it written that it will expire when you sell your property so that way any new buyer in the next few years will know it wont last for ever.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">