• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement/Adverse/Stacking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sushiguy

What is the name of your state? WASHINGTON

I purchase a lot and receive a deed and title is ok.

Neighbor has lived next door only one year.

He claims he owns a portion.

Can he do adverse possession or prescriptive easement even though only been there one year.

Could there be stacking if the person who sold him his property used my property for nine years?

Would former owner of neighbor lot's 9 years and the new neighbor's one year be enough together to qualify for adverse possesion which I beleive is 10 years in WA?

Thanks

FarmerJ

This subject has many many postings,scroll through older postings during the last 120 days and you likely will see answer.

seniorjudge

Q: I purchase a lot and receive a deed and title is ok.

A: And how do you know that the title is okay?

Q: He claims he owns a portion.

A: When did you first learn about this? Did not his claim show up on your survey you had done BEFORE you bought the land. What does his survey show? What makes him think he owns a portion?

Q: Can he do adverse possession or prescriptive easement even though only been there one year.

A: Yes.

Q: Could there be stacking if the person who sold him his property used my property for nine years?

A: Yes.

Q: Would former owner of neighbor lot's 9 years and the new neighbor's one year be enough together to qualify for adverse possesion which I beleive is 10 years in WA?

A: Yes, it's possible.

Please do not answer until you give me FULL answers to each and every question I asked you. Thank you.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">