• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jon1844

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin
I have an easement agreement with a neighbor to gain access to a portion of my property. My neighbor now wants to re-do the gravel drive way and put down asphalt or concrete. They are telling me that I am responsible for half the bill where my property ends. I have a copy of the agreement and its says owners agree to promptly pay is share of expenses of maintenance, repair and removal. I don't see anything about replacement or upgrade. With that being said does "maintenance, repair and removal mean or include a replacement or upgrade and would I fall responsible?

FarmerJ

You already know the answer, if the agreement doesn't include improving upon what is there then its just maintaining what is there so if its a gravel driveway then gravel is what you would contribute to. SO is the easement properly recorded ? ( as in part of his properties title ? )

Jon1844

You already know the answer, if the agreement doesn't include improving upon what is there then its just maintaining what is there so if its a gravel driveway then gravel is what you would contribute to. SO is the easement properly recorded ? ( as in part of his properties title ? )
I had a feeling that was the case. Yes the easement has been properly recorded. I went down to the Deeds office in my local town and purchased a copy of the original easement agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">