• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement blocked, no one helping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LV3

What is the name of your state?Pa :confused: I have an easement for access to my property. The owners of the land continually block it. It is currently blocked with a large item that I cannot possibly move. What can I do? Local officials are doing nothing. ( I have a lawyer who I cannot get in touch with at the moment.) Isn't there some sort of law that can be enforced? Also, what can I expect when this finally goes to court?
Any help would be appreciated :cool:

ms.magoo

Does your easement for ingress an egress state that they are NOT allowed to do anything to block that access ? I would think it would state such. I'm not trying to disc lawyers, but it sure sounds like yours isn't doing his job in your best interests an at a speedy rate. You might consider getting new counsel pronto. Call up a few lawyers, state your situation an see how they respond. Is your case already in court now ? If it is, then get your lawyer to file a motion for a Interloctuary Injunction Order. The Order should be written up so that the neighbours blocking your access are to sieze an desist their actions of blocking your right of way. Also, make sure he adds on that Order, that if they do, that the local law enforcement can take action an arrest them for their mischief by going against that Order. (that would be a criminal offence I think) And civilly, they would be committing Contempt of a Court Order, which the Judge would take care of in court. Make sure you take pictures of all the obstacles they put in your right of way for evidence. Take notes on the dates this occurs as well. If the object that they have put in your right of way is so large you cannot move it yourself, then hire a backhoe or large equipment an move it with that, off the right of way. Keep that receipt, as they will end up having to pay for their actions. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">