• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement for Community Well

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dojo625

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

An easement was filed with our county court that allows my homeowners association (LTHHA) access to part of my property where the tank for our community well sits. The well is in the process of being shut down - DEP's involved and proved the well was not properly maintained and there are too many connections

The easement document says "this grant is on the condition that if Grantee ceases to use the easement for stated purpose, title to the easement shall revert to and vest in Grantor immediately and automatically.

Since I dont' see this easement as part of my deed, is it valid?

Assuming the easement is valid, what's my next step to make sure the Assoc. knows I want my property back when the well is shut down.

There's also a line in the document that says "in consideration of the right to hook up his residence to the LTHHA's community well, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged....". What does "sufficiency" mean in this context? Is it saying the Homeowners' Association asserted the well is sufficient to take this additional homeowners connection?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
What's my next step to make sure the Assoc. knows I want my property back when the well is shut down.
The easement document says "this grant is on the condition that if Grantee ceases to use the easement for stated purpose, title to the easement shall revert to and vest in Grantor immediately and automatically.

HOA=Grantee
You=Grantor

dojo625

Thanks for the quick reply...

That's it.....it just automatically reverts back, I don't have to notify them in writing? Excellent.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">