• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement "encroachment"??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smookie

CAlifornia....

we are 1 of 8parcels, the only homeowner in the 8. a long easement driveway, to be used by all 8lots, goes down the middle of our little subdivision. there is also a 5ft easement on each side of the drive for underground untilities. 2yrs ago, i placed some rocks along my side of the driveway, in the 5ft easement, to prevent mud from going over the drive after a rain. now one of the other landowners has sent a letter to all of us, stating the rocks need to be removed, as they are an "easement encroachment" and will, a) cause our titles to be "clouded", making a sale of a parcel more difficult and b) a liability......at least 2 other owners have said the rocks "look great" and should stay...no reply from the others as of yet....the letter-writing-owner has an axe to grind from a seperate issue (he didnt like the fact that we asked him to "please maintain your lot" 2yrs ago), and we dont communicate since.....we told all the owners we are willing to move the rocks if anyone needs to get to the untilities, no proble... 1. are his statements true? 2. can we be forced to remove the rocks? thankyou.....

smookie

dr senior judge....

i didnt see a previous answer to my question about 'easement encroachment'...
please re-post.... thankyou, smookie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">