• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement/propane tank

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SUMMITVIEW

What is the name of your state?CA

The papers that came with the sale of the house explains the 2 easements. The 1st easement can be used for ingress/egress of public utilities, septic and leach field maintenance(sp), dropping of groceries, loading and unloading of passengers and the 2nd easement is for lanscaping and maintaining of fences.

My question is concerning the second easement because is does not specifically mention any utilities.

The previous owners placed the propane tank on the 2nd easment in 1995. I have owned the house for just under a year. The propane tank was put on the easement that is just meant for lanscaping/maintaining fences and such. Is there a law that protects the homeowner of having a propane tank on an easment mentioned for the above circumstances? It's not quite yard work or a fence...so...I'm hoping it falls under public utility(the easement ends at the back of my yard but isn't part of the road easement.

We have copies of the permit that the previous owners left us. They even had the fire department sign it off so I'm left confused whether I'm going to have to move it. I figure if the fire department ok'd it, then maybe it's ok..
From the documents they left us, I went ahead and I gathered everthing that dealt with the tank. I don't understand the jargon so well for the LPG gas installation instructions, but there were some measurements drawn out on the back of the instructions showing where the tank was placed and 3 signatures. But those signatures look like a nieghbor to neighbor kinda thing. It didn't look official. They did date them though. Not sure if those signatures are still valid.

Just worried if I'm going to have to move the propane tank...

Any help greatly appreciated hometowns...

CT

HomeGuru

SUMMITVIEW said:
What is the name of your state?CA

The papers that came with the sale of the house explains the 2 easements. The 1st easement can be used for ingress/egress of public utilities, septic and leach field maintenance(sp), dropping of groceries, loading and unloading of passengers and the 2nd easement is for lanscaping and maintaining of fences.

My question is concerning the second easement because is does not specifically mention any utilities.

The previous owners placed the propane tank on the 2nd easment in 1995. I have owned the house for just under a year. The propane tank was put on the easement that is just meant for lanscaping/maintaining fences and such. Is there a law that protects the homeowner of having a propane tank on an easment mentioned for the above circumstances? It's not quite yard work or a fence...so...I'm hoping it falls under public utility(the easement ends at the back of my yard but isn't part of the road easement.

We have copies of the permit that the previous owners left us. They even had the fire department sign it off so I'm left confused whether I'm going to have to move it. I figure if the fire department ok'd it, then maybe it's ok..
From the documents they left us, I went ahead and I gathered everthing that dealt with the tank. I don't understand the jargon so well for the LPG gas installation instructions, but there were some measurements drawn out on the back of the instructions showing where the tank was placed and 3 signatures. But those signatures look like a nieghbor to neighbor kinda thing. It didn't look official. They did date them though. Not sure if those signatures are still valid.

Just worried if I'm going to have to move the propane tank...

Any help greatly appreciated hometowns...

CT
**A: according to your post, the gas tank is not in the correct easement area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">