• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Weebee

:confused: What is the name of your state?California
What is the name of your state?California
I have a recorded Easement Agreement (from the owner of the property) to allow me to install a driveway for ingress/egress. There is already a pre-existing driveway where I have the Easement. Can I use the pre-existing driveway even without a Driveway-Maintenance Agreement from the person who put it in (he is not the owner of the land)?

B property . . . . . . .. . . My property

\\\-(driveway)
////we want to come off here for our driveway
A owns this property
////
//// we want to use bottom portion of driveway

shortbus

No, of course not. The easement gives you permission to put in a driveway. It does not give you permission to use someone else's driveway that happens to be nearby.

Weebee

The person who installed it had a non-exclusive easement for the driveway. I now have a non-exclusive easement for the SAME AREA. I still can't use part of the existing driveway?

John Se

what to they say

Have you even talked to they yet, wouldnt you think they would say yes, arent you improving the driveway for both of you above what you have now. I assume you mean some better surface?

Weebee

After long deliberation, the people who put in and use the driveway said, "No." No other explanation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">