• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easement question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DBook

What is the name of your state? Arizona
We are dividing our 5 acres into 3 parcels. On the east side of our property is a private road, owned by us. There is no easement on this road. When we survey for the division of our property, we are going to include an easement on this road, as I am sure the city will condemn it and take it in the future. The city requires a 55 ft. easement (the setback for building our house two years ago was only 50 ft.). My question is - if we include a 55 ft. easement for this road into our survey, will the land still be ours? or will this be "giving" the land to the city? we would like to get paid for this land when the city decides to put in a city street. We bought the land this private road is on, and pay taxes on it. Can anyone please advise me? Thanks in advance. Debbie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">