• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

castiron9

What is the name of your state? Washington State....Here goes.I am doing a short plat on my property to build another house.I have a big enough lot.Here is my dilema.I currently have a 12 ft wide gravel road that leads to my house.City says I need a 20 ft. wide road if I plan on doing a short plat.My neighdor who has the additional 8 feet to widen my road says he is ok with him granting me the additional 8 ft. easement.Is this a simple transaction,that me and him can work out with a simple document.Thanks for any and all help and or suggestions.Thanks again.

FarmerJ

If the nieghbor is willing then this will be very easy for a real estate atty to create a new easment for you .

castiron9

Easement

Thanks for the reply "Farmer".....yes he said he would work with me,and basically give me permission to use a sliver of his property.Thanks again.

jac4565

Just be careful because it's one thing to have this agreement written up with the willing neighbor but if he sells his property in the future there is a possibility that the next owner might not be obligated to abide by that agreement. Make sure your lawyer can work it in that this is a permanent 20 ft easement that will follow the land and not just the owner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">