• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easement question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carol98

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ma.

own property with a easement all purpose right away that goes up my driveway onto the neighbors yard and house that they rent out in the summer. this 3 apt building. my question is do I have the right not to let them pass on my property since weekly they change tenents and every week is a zoo going thru my yard .every saturday people drive thru to pack up and leave and then new people come in....:mad:

justalayman

You don't have the right to stop them but you do have the right to research the granting instrument to determine the purpose of the easement. This might be over burdening the easement. Most likely not but if there is an extreme amount of traffic due to the home being a rental, it might be worth looking into.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ma.

own property with a easement all purpose right away that goes up my driveway onto the neighbors yard and house that they rent out in the summer. this 3 apt building. my question is do I have the right not to let them pass on my property since weekly they change tenents and every week is a zoo going thru my yard .every saturday people drive thru to pack up and leave and then new people come in....:mad:
**A: the quick answer like the others said is no. But it really depends upon the exact language in the recorded easement agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">