• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement related rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

torma

What is the name of your state? Maryland, Howard County

What are the access rules related to the actual easement?
Our neighborhood houses are single family dwelling with small yard (0.2 acre) and 6 feet privacy fences. Our next door neighbor's side wall part of the fencing. We have a 3' easement. He want to paint his wall. From our previous negative experience we know if we let him or his workers in they will do some damage. I know, he has the right to maintain his wall, but what is my right to prevent the consequences. May I ask him to hire a reputable painter, limit the days and working hours, define number of workers present and compensation for damages. What does the easement mean for this type of job? After 3' there is a vegetable garden and my well maintained back yard. I was advised to ask for late fee if they don't finish the job for deadline. We are private people, live and let live is our motto. My neighbor is a self-centered, picky couple and they like to spread rumor and kiss up to authorities. Whenever and whatever happens they distort the truth. We live here for 18 years, they moved in 4 years ago. We never had similar problems with other neighbors before. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">