• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement or right of way?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

one4all

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Boston, MA

Four homes (of which I am one) abutt a small piece of land in the back of our homes owned by a housing development I am dealing with their mgmt. office). The homes are all attached. There is a passageway next to the 4th & 5th house that leads to the back of our houses and comes out on this land. The small piece of land is at the end of their parking lot. You could probably put 4 cars on it (to give you an idea of the size). All of our yard gates exit onto this property. It is the only way out of all of our yards. Some of us have maintained the small area for years, mowing and cutting the weeds for access in/out of our yards and to keep the area clean. I had a new fence installed and at that time a housing employee told the installers to get the truck off the grass and nothing was to be on their property. This is the only access to my yard. I called their office and was told it is their property and they will maintain it, etc. I called three times in the last 6 wks. to get the grass/weeds cut and have been ignored. I called their Regional Mgr. and was asked if I had a right of way or easement as it was their property. I said how can you deny us access in/out of our yards. I have lived there for over 30 yrs. and have never had a problem. They asked for a copy of my deed which I have not given to them as of today. Years ago there was another street of houses behind ours and it was taken by the city for urban renewal development to expand a small highway. So, neighbors have said that there was always an easement/right of way behind all the yards. All I wanted was the grass/weeds cut and this has exploded. Not sure what my next step should be. They are not being cooperative at all.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">