• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

medijoe

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I purchased a property that has an 12 foot easement inside my property line runing north/south of our property on the east of the property.
This easement is used by Utilities for sewer/phone etc.

My neigbor to the south of me has a property that runs across this easement. He is not land locked since he has access to his property from the front (east side).

He was granted access to his back yard via the easement by the prior owner of the land. I now own the land and he is using the easement to park vehicles there and I have asked hit to stop using this as parking since I also use the easement to access my back yard and his vehicle blocks the access.

Can I deny access since he is not land locked and do I have a right to prevent parking on the easement?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Sincerely

medijoe?

HomeGuru

medijoe said:
What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I purchased a property that has an 12 foot easement inside my property line runing north/south of our property on the east of the property.
This easement is used by Utilities for sewer/phone etc.

My neigbor to the south of me has a property that runs across this easement. He is not land locked since he has access to his property from the front (east side).

He was granted access to his back yard via the easement by the prior owner of the land. I now own the land and he is using the easement to park vehicles there and I have asked hit to stop using this as parking since I also use the easement to access my back yard and his vehicle blocks the access.

Can I deny access since he is not land locked and do I have a right to prevent parking on the easement?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Sincerely

medijoe?

**A: read the easement agreement. If the easement is for purposes of utilities and ingress/egress only, then there should be no parking of cars in the designated area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">