• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easement and a stupid land devloper

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cheesefeet

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Utah

my parents own a preschool and recently purchased some property to have a school. the property purchased already had a house which was converted into a pool. when we purchased the property the land developer brole off a piece of the property to subdivide it and sell it as a building lot. un known to m parents there was also an easement that permited acces to the private driveway. also when we were unable to purchase this subdivided property we were granted a the opprutunity to purchase this property and the stated price if another buyer was interested.. now the fun begins last december we were approched by the developer and said that there was a buyer that was willing to pay an absurd amount 20,000 dollars over the sorry it's late i've forgot the word but 20,000 over the amount it was worth.. likewise we did not buy the property. this property was not sold.. the land devloper is a shady guy and we suspect he was trying to trick us into buying this land. along with the easement of the shared driveway eqwually upkeep of the driveway was also required.. this has not happened we shovelled the drive all last winter... the land developer is now planning to build a spec home on this lot.. or so he says... the city has also been very pretty much screwing us over when the lot was surveyed they added the easement to be included into the total area of the property which made it over 10,000 square feet. the actual size is 10,001 square feet and thats including the driveway.. this devloper is a very shady person and any help would be appreciated my parents are very stressed out
thank you

nextwife

cheesefeet said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Utah

my parents own a preschool and recently purchased some property to have a school. the property purchased already had a house which was converted into a pool. when we purchased the property the land developer brole off a piece of the property to subdivide it and sell it as a building lot. un known to m parents there was also an easement that permited acces to the private driveway.
Did the title insurance commitment that your parents surely must have obtained when they bought the land FAIL to show this easement? Is that why they didn't know? What did their survey show?

If the title company failed to disclose the recorded easement in their commitment, then your parents may have a title claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">