• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement and Trees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PHammell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

My neighbors have an easement to cross my property to get to theres. It is an Ingress - Egress easement. There are no limitations as to what I can do one the property cited in the agrement. There is a clause to allows either party to maintain (including trimming trees from time to time) the easement area and 'share and share alike' in maintenance costs. The diminisions are 30'x270'. There is an open driveway about 20' wide through the center and trees within the 30' width that line the length of the driveway. They have been there since bfore the neighbor bought the property.
Could my neighbor choose to bring in something lagrer than will fit between the trees and rightfully cut the trees down?
If they demand could I be required to remove the trees them?
Does share and share alike necessairly mean 50%-50%?

justalayman

not sure what they would bring in in excess of 20 feet wide but yes, if they did need to they would have a right to remove any trees necessary.

share and share alike would be a 50-50 arrangement. if you are to share and share "alike", well, to be alike you would have to pay equal amounts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">