• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Encroaching fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SledGimp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

When my wife and I purchased our house 6 years ago the neighbor introduced himself ad told us that his fence was not on the property line but was infact mostly on our property. After mentioning this he then agreed that when needed he would move the fence so we could do some landscaping in our back yard. Lat fall My wife and I had a survey done to prepare for doing the said landscaping and such, the neighbor is now refusing to move his fence and we found during the survey that his fence is 7 feet on our property at one end and 2 feet on his prperty on one end.

drewguy

You can require him to move it. You can also inform him that if he fails to move it within a reasonable period (say 30 or 60 days) that you will remove it for him and dispose of it. YOu could potentially sue him in small claims court for the cost of removal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">