• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evil Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TxExpat

What is the name of your state? TX

My mother has been harrassed by the same neighbor for over 15 years. She has called the police multiple times to no avail. They say they need "proof" that: beebees were shot into her window, her rock wall is being torn down, all plants are being killed by weedkiller, trash is being thrown onto her property, driveway is blocked, broken glass left on driveway by the neighbor. This is the SHORT list. We also suspect that drugs are being sold next door.

Every time my mother calls the police the harrassment intensifies. If she installs video cameras and uses this as "proof" she feels that she is placing herself in danger. The latest is that the neighbor will pound loudly on her wall while she is home.

What resource do we have? Is hiring a Private Investigator of any use? PLEASE HELP!!!What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

There are several thousands of posts here similar to yours.

Believe me, I wish I knew a way to control people.

I have a looooonnnnggg list.;)

divgradcurl

If possible, move. Seriously.

You could try and obtain a restraining order against the neighbor, but it doesn't seem from your post that the police are overly interested in your dispute, so it's not clear how much that would help you. Maybe you could sit down with a local attorney, who can review all of the actual facts of your situation, and advise you accordingly. Maybe you really need that sort of impartial evaluation of your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">