• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence boundaries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marian

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I would like to know, if a fence has been up around my property for 25 years and I have been taking care of the land can someone come in and claim that part of that belongs to him and move the fence?

FarmerJ

are you having that problem now? If so a boundry survey may end all questions of whose land the fence is on. If you learn that the fence is either on the lot line or the survey shows that the fence is inside your lot line even if by 2inches any nbr who questions the line can get there own survey done if they dont think the copy you show them is correct.

BelizeBreeze

Talk to a local real estate attorney about filing a claim to the land based on the principle of Adverse Possession. Missouri only requires 10 years continuous possession Missouri Code §516.010-.030

BL

I remember the land boundaries for my deceased parents property were strange . The NEW neighbors used to mow on the other side of the drive and actually that portion was my parent's property , so when we mowed , we would mow it too . :D and our pear tree was ours too .

Why would one let some neighbor take over 25 yrs ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">