• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence Falling & Neighbor Trespassing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kromai2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

Our fence began falling several months ago due to our neighbors daughter climbing on it to torment our dogs, but it is the responsibility of our neighbor the way the posts face. He came to our door one day and asked to look at the fence and I told him yes. My husband and I left after he finished looking at whatever he was looking at. When we returned we saw that he had proceeded to dig 2 holes about 3 feet deep I'm assuming, and fill them with concrete and two posts to "support" the fence. He did not tell us he was doing this and now we have two eye-sores in our yard. Now the fence is falling again and yesterday while my husband was out of town he came to the door again. I did not answer this time, and it looked as though no one was home because I was actually sleeping. Next thing I know I saw him walk through our back yard and begin hammering the fence. I then heard him hammer the entrance of our fence to make it look as if he wasn't there. We are not confrontational people, but this has gone past the point of being curteous. I have no idea how to handle this! Any suggestions would be great!

csi7

Is your fence gate locked so the neighbor can not just walk in? Can the neighbor repair the fence from their side? When the posts were placed on your side, why did you not remove them from your side and put them in the neighbor's yard? Do you know exactly where the property line is and where the fence is to the property line?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">