• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence line or Property line??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lacypride

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I live in Wyoming.
We just purchased some land adjoining our current residence. We have found 2 of the line markers that were put in by a surveyor when the housing development was pinned out. There are no papers listed with our court house stating a change from teh original pins on that side of our property. From those markers we have tried to find the property line of our neighbors on the other side of us and have come up 2 feet short of where the fence should have been placed. We are planning to fence in all of our property as one yard in the back. I have looked at the surveyor discription of our property and found that it is 2 foot off of where it should be. In our deed it states that we have 100 ft from the back property marker to her yard but we hit her fence at 98 feet coming off at a 90 degree angle. Her fence is the correct length but goes out farther then ours does. I guess i should state that we live on a corner so the fence line is not a 90 degree angle. from our fence line. We came up with her mesurements from the original plat of the land. My husband is on the board and has a map that shows boundries of each persons lot. No matter how we measure we are coming up with her fence being 2 foot into our yard. If her fence is 2 foot off but on the correct property line at the back of her property that would set off 8 of our neighbors fence lines down that road. All of the back yards are fenced. Our land boarders 2 sides of hers. If it would help i can send you a property map on email. If this corner of our lot is off it will set off all of our property lines on our land other than the one we found the markers on. Can some one please help me with this???What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">