• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence off PL about 1-2 feet both owners OK with it...but!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

John Se

What is the name of your state?AZ
When I moved into my house about 7 years ago my neighbor on the east had a broken down 30 year old wooden fence. I needed better fencing for my dogs. talked to her about it and she told me to put my fence tight to the back of hers. I did and built partial block and chan link about 100 feet long. New neighbor moves in, has the lot surveyed, he builds a new block fence along the same (wrong line) (he's a good guy and didnt bitch) and we take down my chain link. so now we both share a very nice block fence not on the property line but only off 1-2 feet cause it angles some(net 50SQfeet on a 35,000 foot lot. I am in a very active neighborhood of luxury homes and large lots and the new neighbors are getting richer and richer and I only worry about the next owner who will likey spend 800K for my neighbors house (if they ever sell) and may make a problem because you know how rich guys are sometimes!!.

My Question: What is the best way to perfect our mutual arrangement. Easement, encroachment Agreement, or quitclaim deed?

ralph31

State of Mind-Naive

"You should get along with your neighbor . . . . .

In a neighborly way. Unless you think you have been damaged and need remedy."

John Se

not worried about my neighbor

worried about the next guy! We get along fine worked it all out in a very neighborly way!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">