• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence/Property Line Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

illcommunicator

What is the name of your state? FLorida

I'm going to get a lawyer tomorrow to run my scumbag neighbors off my property. When the court finds in my favor, can I pass my legal fees on to the dirtbag neighbors? I've been trying to work this out with civility for about a year with no avail. Also, any ballpark figure on what I can expect to spend over a fairly simple property line dispute? (already have current survey)

Thanks.

divgradcurl

When the court finds in my favor, can I pass my legal fees on to the dirtbag neighbors?
You can usually get expenses reimbursed (stuff like copying costs, maybe the survey costs), but you won't get attorney's fees paid unless provided for in the statutes you are suing under, or unless they do something egregious in the trial that causes you to run up extra-high expenses.

Also, any ballpark figure on what I can expect to spend over a fairly simple property line dispute? (already have current survey)
Just contact a few lawyers to get an estimate for your area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">