• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fence/ property line dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevinc13

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I have a neighbor who I have been in a constant argument with since he moved in 3 years ago. He has done a considerable amount of damage to our property while have work done to his house, and has refused to accept responsibilty for it. Last year while having a swimming pool and underground sprinkler system installed, the workers not only tore up our yard, but also managed to break our invisible fence for our dog. He again refuses to accept any responsiblity for this, but was complaining when our dog would go into his yard.
This has left us where he doesnt want us on his property, and we dont want him on our property.

When the township forced him to put a fence around his property because of the swimming pool, I had hoped that this may solve our property line issues. Unfortunately we found out shortly after the fence was installed that he had asked the fence company to hold the fence back 8" from the property line. I now find him in my yard more than ever. I have asked him to stop coming into my yard, but he insists that he needs to come into my yard to maintain his 8" strip of grass.

I happen to be very meticulous about my yard and have spent alot of money fixing the damages that he has already done. And now when he comes over, he leaves clippings, dirt, and other debri. And has even cut the limbs on one of my trees that werent even crossing the property line, so that it would be easier to get to his grass.

Is there anything I can legally do to keep this person from coming into my yard?

semd him a letter RRR with a list of all the damages and a monetary amount and demand payment in 10 business days. Also inform him that he is trespassing and that you will be filing the appropriate reports with the police for this if it continues ( cutting trees down etc). Then, if he doesnt pay, take him to court and let a judge tell him that he cannot just do what he pleases and damage your property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">