• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence and property line rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state . Georgia
I am not sure about this fence except to say it is on my propert or on the property line. The platt does not id fence location. So if it is on the property line what rights do I have. My neighbor has nail a large board from one post to another to support a wierd looking fence and strung bright blue cloth from it in an attempt to keek deer away and I want it removed if possible. The fence itself is similar to fencing used to keep in small to med. sized animals, so you can see what ever is on the other side.

justalayman

the only thing that will tell you if the fence is on the line or on your property is a survey. Had one of those recently?

had one when I bought the house 2 years ago for fence location is not on the plat and to pay for another survey is out of the question. I guess I will assume the worst case which would be on the property line.

justalayman

If you had a survey, there should be marker pins place at the corners of the lot.

also, if a permit is needed for a fence, did your neighbor aquire any neccessart permits? Is the fence allowed by any applicable codes?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">