• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fencing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eureka1551

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nj

I had an easy-set pool in my backyard, one day a code officer gave me a piece of warning slip that i need to set up fence around the pool after getting permt.

question1. do i have to pull it out every year after season?
queston2. how to put up the fence on the sharing area with a neigbor (who might call the officer)...
question3. how do i know the exact property line? (my deed doesn't show the inch unit measurement)

Please help.

NC Aggie

question1. do i have to pull it out every year after season?
If they're requiring you to put up a fence, I wouldn't believe so but check with your code enforcement department. Also, if you live in a community governed by an HOA, then you may want to verify they don't have requirements as well.

queston2. how to put up the fence on the sharing area with a neigbor (who might call the officer)....
what do you mean by sharing area? Are you referring to a common area? I would assume that your pool as to be within the boundaries of your property.

question3. how do i know the exact property line? (my deed doesn't show the inch unit measurement)

Please help.
You would need to have a survey done if you can't make accurate determination yourself.

Kiawah

You hire a surveyor, who will look up your property deed, and then come out with their sophisticated surveying gear, and mark your property line with wooden/metal stakes.

You should investigate both the swimming pool and fence laws for your state/town. They will dictate under what circumstances fences are required, the minimum and maximum heights that they must be, and may even dictate the material, gate/lock access, etc. The laws will also tell you whether you will need a pool/electrical permit to install the size/type pool that you have, as well as a fence permit to install the fence. If you have a HomeOwners Association, they may also have to review/approve.

Your homeowners insurance policy might also need a rider on it, check with them.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">