• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fencing Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knight55448

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have a neighbor, with whom I share a common fence. He has proceeded to string blue gardening tape over the fence for the purpose of supporting some chicken wire on his side of the fence. This color is totally contrary to the color scheme (green) of the fence. It is truly ugly and not done in a professional manner. Since it is looped over to my side of the fence, do I have to tolerate this, or may I remove it?

The chicken wire is not an issue as it is totally on his side of the fence. Gardening tape is thin plastic tape most often used for tying plants to stakes, trellises, and so forth. It is blue in color and is looped across the top rung of the fence and extends down the common fence line for about 40 feet and is very much in view when I sit in my den, kitchen and all of my back yard.

Last edited:

DAD10

A.You may curl the chicken wire over to his portion of the common fence.
B. You may also ask him to remove it.
If the chicken wire is for a garden then A or B
If the chicken wire is for roosters(cough) or pets then A

Last edited:

justalayman

what is "gardening tape"

and is it available in green

and do you have some paint leftover from the last time the fence was painted

if you have a better method of attachment so it would be on his side of the fence only, offer to show him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">