• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fighting a variance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbaker

What is the name of your state? New Jersey.

I received a certified letter regarding a variance proposed for a nursing home which is located in my back yard although on the street below me. My back yard looks down on the nursing home and its parking lot. They are proposing a two-story addition and an expansion of an existing day room. This type of addition would greatly affect my view of the downtown area. I would in effect have to look out at a large building in my backyard. Is there anything I can do to fight this?

Last edited:

FarmerJ

Has there been a hearing where you can learn how much more traffic due to increased staffing there will be ? I suppose should attend any public hearings about the variance to learn how this will impact traffic in the area ,etc. BTW if you and other adjacent lot owners are asked to give written consent and you refuse to in order for them to get this variance you might want to envision what the neighborhood would be like should they find raw land and build in a new location ,leaving behind a empty un maintained building till the building is sold for other use.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">