• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Film Company using neighbor as location

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pmorales

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

A film company is currently using our neighbor's property as a shooting location and it has become quite a nuisance. After addressing this with the film company and the city, to no avail...Is it possible to sue my neighbor or take my neighbor to small claims court?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

A film company is currently using our neighbor's property as a shooting location and it has become quite a nuisance. After addressing this with the film company and the city, to no avail...Is it possible to sue my neighbor or take my neighbor to small claims court?
What are your damages? And how did the neighbor cause them?

quincy

It is always possible to sue someone - even when a suit has no merit.

And it appears from what you have written here that a suit against your neighbor or the film company would be one without merit.

If proper permits were issued by the city to allow for the filming at your neighbor's house, the film company and your neighbor are doing nothing wrong by filming at the house (this from the filming perspective, at any rate).

If the film crew or your neighbor are destroying your property or trespassing on your property or in some other way violating a law, however, you could call the police. Otherwise, the traffic and noise would be no greater than it would be if your neighbor was doing some home remodeling or putting in a pool.

Filming will not go on forever.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">