• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

flooding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjane

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
I've lived in my house now for 20years. Up until my neighbors to the south of me built there home and put in a pond I've never had any problem with flooding. My township's zoning inspector and the county engineer said that my neighbor should cap his "french drain" and he said he would think about it. Later he told me that his builder thought that it would make it worse so I'm not sure he did anything. We had an unusual amount of rain two nights ago and the flooding was the worst ever. This has happened 4 times now but up until now it just flooded my yard and a little water in my garage. This time I had 6 inches of water in my garage and 3 ft. of water in my crawl space.I know from the township trustees that the laws on this are iffy and I don't want to make enemies. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

jjoshua

What did your neighbor do?

What specifically did your neighbor change that directed more water on to your property?

bjane

drying out

I'm not sure I even understand the whole thing myself but when I moved her I sat in the middle of a farm field. Of course all the new houses around me set up a little higher but this one right next door changed the whole landscape. Out back he has a pond and an 8ft bunker (for his shooting practice) and the front is mounded up and slopes down toward me. There is no creek near me so the only thing I can think of is that he broke into some old field tile and the way his property is sloped it all dumps on me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">