• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frustrating Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ibelievet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska

I purchased my home 15 years ago and my previous neighbor was wonderful and I allowed her to use 3 feet of my property and hook her fence onto mine. Then she moved out and the new neighbors have been there for almost 8 years. I am recently divorced and ever since my ex moved out, the neighbor (male) has done nothing but do things to bother me. I caught him one day throwing dog feces at my house. When fall is over, he will pile all of his leaves up against my house, one year he left them there all winter and the water seeped inside and damaged my floor. I did not notice the leaves till Spring because there is no reason to go on that particular side of my property after Fall. He cuts my bushes and trees, he hooked another portion of his fence onto mine with huge screws without my permission and they are sticking out. I want to move my fence over the 3 feet to my property line, but am worried what he may do. I have the original survey from when I purchased my home and I have also located the pins between our properties. I am going to send my neighbors a letter stating that I will be moving my fence over to my property line, but am worried what may happen. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what to do. I have 10 years to claim my property back before my neighbor can claim adverse possession and I also have a notorized document from the previous owner as to her knowledge that the 3 feet was my property. Thank you for any help. Can anyone tell me where I can find a form letter as to what to put in the letter to the neighbor?

DAD10

If the leaves belong to your neighbor...

Accession can also occur by the addition of personal property as a fixture, or by improvements to land made in error. If an erroneous improvement was made innocently, the person responsible may remove it, provided he or she pays for any damage to the property.

Take your neighbor to court for damages incurred.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">