• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gate Access-Deliverys-Neighbors closed open gates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leftalone

What is the name of your state? California

:mad:San Diego:mad:

Recently my truck had some problems and I needed to do repairs, since I'm unemployed I needed to get the parts as cheaply as possible. I turned to the internet and found what I needed. Now I had to have it delivered to my apartment. I live in a run down ghetto area in San Diego and we have gates in the front and in the back. My apartment is in the back and furthest away from the street. I can't see the gate or hear if any one has arrived. There is no Com system.

I propped the gate slightly open with a small rock and waited for the delivery in my apartment. At five in the afternoon I noticed on the website the the package could not be delivered. I walked out to the gate and on the outside of the gate was a notice from UPS. The rock had been moved out of the way. I had several parts coming at different dates and I had no time for games. The next day I did the same thing and I waited around the corner and I caught one of the neighbors ( Gay Male) moving the rock. I confronted him and he told me that I could not leave the gate open. when I told him that I was waiting for a package he just replied “Oh well” and walked off. As he was walking away I asked him why the gate needed to be locked during the day..he had no reply. I was pissed off. I posted a large note on the gate explaining I needed the packages and the gate propped open.

It happened again, on a different date, this time with a Female neighbor and her girlfriend (or wife). Incidentally the (Gay male and the Gay females are direct neighbors). I propped open the gate and as soon as I walked around the corner they would rush out of their apartment and just move the rock and run back inside. To this date (weeks after the original delivery date) I have been denied my packages 4 or five times.

They can't claim security because when they have drunken parties, they have the gates propped open with signs stating “boob party this way”. On a separate occasion when one of the roommates of the woman moved out, she had placed a “Craig's list moving sale” sign posted on the propped open gate all night long.

What can I do? The land lord refuses to do anything, and I can't call the police. I need this to be over so I can fix my vehicle and get back to work. I need to fight back or sue some one to make a point that I have the right to get my packages. Why are these people so passive aggressive and down right rude?:mad:What is the name of your state?

xylene

Here is some accurate advice you racist homophobe.

1) Pick up your packages at the distribution center.
2) Have your packages forwarded to work or a friends house (you might not have either. I don't know.)
3) Get an address at a Mail-Boxes-Etc. type place and get your deliveries there.
4) Have your auto parts sent to an autoparts store for pickup.
5) Have your auto parts sent to a mechanic for pickup,

leftalone

Right, I know but..

Park yourself out by the gate in a lawn chair until delivery.
This is a helpful piece of advice. But should I really have too? Wouldn't it be nice if my neighbors where just cool and said "no prob"?.

I have been very nice and polite and even helpful to the neighbors in question. I have at one point fixed a vehicle for free and for the other helped move heavy furniture. Why would they behave this way? why this personal attack because I'm not gay?

I think this is the type of behavior that forces my hand, I'm getting a lawyer and I'm going to try and receive some compensation for this harassment. This feels like my civil rights are being squashed.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This is a helpful piece of advice. But should I really have too? Wouldn't it be nice if my neighbors where just cool and said "no prob"?.

I have been very nice and polite and even helpful to the neighbors in question. I have at one point fixed a vehicle for free and for the other helped move heavy furniture. Why would they behave this way? why this personal attack because I'm not gay?

I think this is the type of behavior that forces my hand, I'm getting a lawyer and I'm going to try and receive some compensation for this harassment. This feels like my civil rights are being squashed.
I'd be pissed if you compromised the security of the complex too!

(You homophobe you :p )

seniorjudge

I don't see anything "racist" or "homophobic" in your posts.

But there is no deprivation of your rights either.

Only government can squash your civil rights...and all levels of government are doing a bang up job of that!

seniorjudge

You are blowing this out of proportion and it is laughable.

Consider the 5 helpful suggestions and weigh them against the cost of your utterly implausible claim.

:rolleyes:
I do agree with that.

(BTW, wasn't Mr. Rogers a commie-pinko-liberal?:D)

leftalone

Racist? Homophobe? Big words for a talking monkey.

1) Pick up your packages at the distribution center.
2) Have your packages forwarded to work or a friends house (you might not have either. I don't know.)
3) Get an address at a Mail-Boxes-Etc. type place and get your deliveries there.
4) Have your auto parts sent to an autoparts store for pickup.
5) Have your auto parts sent to a mechanic for pickup,
You obviously didn't read my post my fearless DYSLEXIC rainbow-warrior.

So I'll type SLOWLY**...... (1) I HAVE NO CAR! That's why I need the parts.

(2).. I'M NOT GOING TO OBTAIN A SERVICE FOR A FEW DELIVERIES BECAUSE I'M BEING HARASSED!

(3) I'M NOT GOING TO REDIRECT MY PACKAGES BECAUSE I'M BEING HARASSED!!

(4) Would you do the same? Would you just bow down and have your stuff delivered elsewhere because of a few rotten apples? I'm sure the answer is no. But unlike you, I'm not aggressive or mean. I care about my neighbors, gay, straight, Hell, I even like my white neighbors....their cool. But this childish behavior is not going to be tolerated.

Racist...bwahhahaha what a knee jerk auto response, Dare I guess? You are no doubt a Liberal Lesbian man hating fool. Look up the word racist and homo-phobe. Use them in the right context you dolt! Remember this is the internet, how the hell do you know my skin color? Your ignorance makes me ill and angry.

What do you do for an encore gargle peanut butter through a dental dam?

By the way, thank you for proving my point/generalization about poor gay people your spew that you call a post further enforced a stereo type--- passive aggressive and rude.

T.T.F.N.

Tootles sweetness!
** Caps where used to express slow loud talking, like a person would do to make fun of a ignorant poster with nothing better to do in life than shout automatic knee jerk responses.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Q: Would you do the same? Would you just bow down and have your stuff delivered elsewhere because of a few rotten apples?

A: Yes; I'd rather get my stuff than prove a point.

xylene

April fools

I don't see anything "racist" or "homophobic" in your posts.
Including the sexual orientation and ethnicity of the people involved when not relevant, and couched in demeaning language is racist and homophobic or at best very ignorant. Also the hostility in description of the house ethnic composition of the neighborhood and complex as 'ghetto' further colors the tone.

I also think subsequent posts vindicate my initial assessment. :D

seniorjudge said:
(BTW, wasn't Mr. Rogers a commie-pinko-liberal?)
Yes, and he was a Navy SEAL Sniper with 79 confirmed and wore cardigans to cover up his "Death" & "Kill" tattoos. ;)

seniorjudge

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp

Mister Rogers

Claim: Children's television show host Fred Rogers hid a violent and criminal past.

Origins: The television world recently mourned the loss of Fred Rogers, Mr. Rogers the gentle and genial host who delivered lessons on love, kindness, and friendship to children for over 30 years on the television program Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. His show-opening "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" ditty, his daily on-camera donning of a cardigan sweater and comfortable shoes, and his tinkling Neighborhood Trolley were all familiar, reassuring icons to millions of children (and their parents).

Any popular, decent, clean-cut celebrity is fair game for all sorts of scurrilous rumors these days, it seems — we're either too cynical or too bored to accept that a kindly, soft-spoken man who made a career out of teaching and communicating with children as an adult — no funny costumes, no frenetic comedy gags, no sickly sweet "baby talk" — could possibly live up to his television image. He must be concealing some deep, dark secret antithetical to his public persona, and the variety of rumors floated about Mr. Rogers over the years certainly reflected that sentiment.

Among the more common of the Mr. Rogers-related urban legends are the following claims:

* Fred Rogers began his television career as a result of his being convicted of child molestation; one condition of his sentence was that he fulfill a community service obligation by performing a television show for children on a local public station. This circumstance explains the lack of children on his program and the presence of adult characters with suggestive names, such as Mr. McFeely

Given the protests and boycotts directed at Disney when it was revealed that Victor Salva, the writer-director of their 1995 film Powder (released through Disney's Hollywood Pictures subsidiary), had served time for child molestation, it stretches credulity to the breaking point to believe that the host of a children's program on public television could have remained in that position for thirty-three years without having been hounded off the air amidst howls of condemnation from thousands of outraged parents.

Fred Rogers got his start in television through his musical background when, after earning a bachelor's degree in music composition in 1951, he was hired by NBC television in New York to serve as an assistant producer (and later as a floor director) for several of the music-variety type programs (The Voice of Firestone, The Lucky Strike Hit Parade, The Kate Smith Hour) prevalent on TV in the early 1950s.

A few years later, he returned to his hometown area to develop programming for WQED in Pittsburgh, the nation's first community-sponsored educational television station. One of the first programs he developed for WQED was The Children's Corner, which contained many of the elements and characters Fred Rogers would incorporate into his own show when he made his on-camera debut as host of Misterogers for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation in 1963.

Aside from the difficulties of working with very young children on scripted television shows, the lack of children on Mister Rogers' Neighborhood was due simply to stylistic choice. Although some children's shows of the era featured youngsters who interacted with hosts on-camera, other shows (such as Sheriff John, my local favorite) opted to create the illusion of a one-to-one relationship between host and viewer by excluding children from the studio. The latter method allowed a host to establish a rapport with the youngsters in his viewing audience by appearing to be speaking to them directly, not to the other children on the screen with him.

As for Mr. McFeely, the grandfatherly character who runs the "Speedy Delivery Messenger Service" in Mister Rogers' neighborhood, his name is easily explained: 'McFeely' is also Fred Rogers' real middle name, taken from his grandfather, Fred Brooks McFeely.

* Fred Rogers served as a sniper or as a Navy Seal during the Vietnam War, with a large number of confirmed kills to his credit.

This same rumor has often been applied to boyish country singer-songwriter John Denver (among others), and it's just as false when told of Fred Rogers. Not only did Fred Rogers never serve in the military, there are no gaps in his career when he could conceivably have served in the military — he went straight into college after high school, he moved directly into TV work after graduating college, and his breaks from television work were devoted to attending the Pittsburgh Theological Seminary (he was ordained as a Presbyterian minister in 1963) and the University of Pittsburgh's Graduate School of Child Development. Moreover, Fred Rogers was born in 1928 and was therefore too old to have enlisted in the armed services by the time of America's military involvement in Vietnam.

* Fred Rogers always wore long-sleeved shirts and sweaters on his show to conceal the tattoos on his arms he obtained while serving in the military.

As noted above, Fred Rogers never served in the military, and he bore no tattoos on his arms (or any other part of his body). He wore long-sleeved shirts and sweaters on his show to maintain an air of formality — although he was friendly with the children in his viewing audience and talked to them on their own level, he was most definitely an authority figure on a par with parents and teachers (he was Mister Rogers to them, after all, not Fred), and his choice of dress was intended to establish and foster that relationship.

* Fred Rogers "flipped the bird" to his young audience during the taping of his final show in December 2000.

A widely-circulated photograph of Fred Rogers with extended middle finger is available on many Internet sites, but it's a digitally manipulated image, not a frame from a Mister Rogers' Neighborhood broadcast (and out of respect for Fred Rogers, we're not displaying it here).

Last updated: 7 August 2007

The URL for this page is http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp

Urban Legends Reference Pages © 1995-2008
by Barbara and David P. Mikkelson
This material may not be reproduced without permission.
Sources Sources:

McNamara, Mary. "Sneakers, Sweater and Warm Heart: Mr. Rogers."
Los Angeles Times. 28 February 2003.

Moore, Frazier. "A Most Unlikely TV Star: Fred Rogers Was the Real Thing, the Same off the Air as On."
Associated Press. 28 February 2003.

Smith, Lynn and Lynne Heffley. "A Void, and Yet His Legacy Does Live On."
Los Angeles Times. 28 February 2003 (p. E48).

Spangler, Todd. "Nation Mourns Fred Rogers, Soft-Spoken Host of 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood'"
Associated Press. 28 February 2003.

Woo, Elaine. "It's a Sad Day in This Neighborhood."
Los Angeles Times. 28 February 2003.

seniorjudge

Including the sexual orientation and ethnicity of the people involved when not relevant, and couched in demeaning language is racist and homophobic or at best very ignorant. Also the hostility in description of the house ethnic composition of the neighborhood and complex as 'ghetto' further colors the tone.

I also think subsequent posts vindicate my initial assessment. :D

Yes, and he was a Navy SEAL Sniper with 79 confirmed and wore cardigans to cover up his "Death" & "Kill" tattoos. ;)
Besides falling for urban legends, you are a mite tetchy today!:D

Maybe it is a ghetto? Ever think of that?

Other than that, yeah, saying who your neighbor may or may not sleep with is totally irrelevant in this post.

xylene

Besides falling for urban legends, you are a mite tetchy today!:D
PS. My post title was "April Fools" ;):D

Perhaps I am a bit 'on' but I call them as I see them and a posters central thesis is that a gay ethnic cabal is out to doom his truck repairs screams something is wrong.

seniorjudge

PS. My post title was "April Fools" ;):D

Perhaps I am a bit 'on' but I call them as I see them and a posters central thesis is that a gay ethnic cabal is out to doom his truck repairs screams something is wrong.
See..there ya go.

I thought it was a drunk cabal....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">