• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gate on easement-

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Desperate!

What is the name of your state? Washington State

I live on a property that has a shared easement road. The road is on the right of my property. I own the first 330ft, then the folling nieghbor owns their 330ft then the top two houses have their easement. We had an issue with people (residence, and guests) driving wrecklessly at high speeds. This is a gravel road and it is written into the agreement with the propertys that all land owners share cost of road maintainance. Before the new neighbors moved in the road was in pretty good conditions (no potholes ect) Our neighbors right behind us suggested a electric gate to slow traffic to make it safe, the road is on a 15% grade hill and is very steep and slippery when wet. We have 3 children and one of shich is blind. our neighbor kids play going through the property back and forth to each others houses. We had the gate installed before the new neighbors moved in, but now they are unhappy about the gate and have been trying to take us to court to remove the gate. We have shut the gate 3 times in the 2 years it has been up and all of which times people were driving fast and dangerous during parties they were having while our children play on the swing on the tree near by.
Our neighbors bought and installed the gate with our permission to use our property for it because the hill is to steep to have such a gate, We have tried making it convenient being that it is electric and offered them gate openers. The continue to harass us by reving up engines and burning out while we are outside, is there anything we can do to legally to ensure safe driving on this easment? And is it possible we might have to take it down? Everyone has free access and it is not closed other than those 3 times which they say we are harassing them by closing it. I'am really worried someone especially my son is going to be injured by them, this is a country area so kids play between houses and we have never had an issue with it, and we get along great with all other neighbors.. sorry this is so long, its really complicated. thank you for your time and imput!

E-Washington- anyone with advice may also contact me at [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">