• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassing neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DML

What is the name of your state? New York

We have put an end to a neighbor who has been trespassing for 20 years onto our property. After paying for survey to sell off a corner lot of our property, we discoverd he was more than 100 ft onto our property. Ever since then, he has called police/town anyone to cause us harassment. We are not doing anything wrong, yet we have to continue to be involved with this form of harassment. He is causing us issues with us trying to sell our property. What can we do?

SnowCajun

We have put an end to a neighbor who has been trespassing for 20 years onto our property. After paying for survey to sell off a corner lot of our property, we discoverd he was more than 100 ft onto our property.
What exactly do you mean when you say, "we discoverd he was more than 100 ft onto our property"??? Do you mean he's built that far onto your property, or what?

We are not doing anything wrong, yet we have to continue to be involved with this form of harassment. He is causing us issues with us trying to sell our property. What can we do?
I feel for you guys, I swear it seems there's more and more crazy people in this world. I miss the era I grew up in, the late 50's and early 60's .. but back to your problem. If he's harassing then stand up to him, call his bluff, call the police, take him to court. For every move he makes show him there'll be consequences. Outlast him! Otherwise simplify your life and move if you can live with that option. I'm just not the type of person that runs from problems though and it would eat at me if I did, but you have to do what you have to do that's best for you and your health. Good luck with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">