• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassing Neighbor Trying To Enter My House Listing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archimedes0404

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Hi all!

We have a horrible across the street neighbor who I had an altercation with in 2006. He wouldn't get off my property after being asked nicely because my baby was asleep - had to call the cops, and he physically threatened me in front of the officer. We know he is violent, and a child and woman abuser.

In August, 2015, we put our house up for sale. When we had done so in the past, this neighbor had contacted our listing agent each time and abrasively and aggressively tried to get him to lower the price on our home, as he was under the impression it was, overpriced. Unbelievable, the ego of this jerk. He has done this the past two times we have listed our home, and harassed and tried to intimidate us many times in the past. He will park his car in front of our house and sit in it trying to bait us into confronting him. I am a very strong woman, so I stare back aggressively - I will NOT be intimidated. He would try to get with women who are friends of ours and try to hire on the cheap people who worked for us to try to pump them for private information to fuel his stalking. They all refused him. These people he would try to scam would always warn us. We became so annoyed we purchased cameras to watch 24/7. Truth be told, even though I am a woman, he is so annoying I'd love just one punch in his ass-ugly face.

He is a repeat scam artist, always on the take and looking for ways to extort money or sue frivolously. He likes to fancy himself a real estate investor, but is really a section 8 housing manager. I actually own a commercial real estate firm, so he knows who I am, and always tries to get in my business. I've already banned him from renting from us commercially. We knew before we listed our house recently that he would harass our agents again, and that he would most likely try to gain entry to our home via an external agent to continue the harassment and stalking, or maybe have an, "accident" and take it to the next level so he could sue. In reaction to this realization, we rightfully instructed our agent to put in the MLS broker comments to not show this jerk our home. As we expected, the jerk tried exactly that on November 3rd, 2015, to gain entry to our home via an external agent. Upon learning that his access was denied and he was caught, he actually had the gall to contact my agent's broker and threatened to sue us and them because this violent ape was barred entry to our home! He can't play the race card, I've documented all the folks who have viewed our home, many black, white, muslim, and warmly welcomed. We took the MLS note off, but we are still vetting EVERYONE and barring him from entering MY PRIVATE PROPERTY.

We called the cops to report this latest harassment, got the police report on file - just want to start a nice paper trail, so the next time he tries to get on our property, we can have him arrested and file a Criminal Trespass Warning.

Any other things we can do to keep this ape off of our property? I seriously doubt he will sue anyone - he would get laughed out of court. He is as dumb and poor as he is ugly. And we all know dumb animals can be dangerous.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Apply for a restraining order...and try to keep it professional - you come off sounding as bad as you try to make him sound.

Archimedes0404

No

Apply for a restraining order...and try to keep it professional - you come off sounding as bad as you try to make him sound.
It's not that easy, especially with neighbors who live close, as in town homes. Making the paper trail of police complaints is the start to getting an RO if need be.

Please lay off the personal remarks - I am ANGRY. I am ALWAYS professional - it's how I have come to own a successful commercial firm. What, you think I'd barge in and NOT be professional? DUH.

Zigner

I thought of another solution for you. Offer the guy $ to NOT interfere with your listing.

Zigner

My original answer stands - YOU seem to be as much a part of the problem as a part of the solution. If you truly were a successful business person who can look at this as a BUSINESS matter, then you'd see the wisdom in my advice.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Hi all!

We have a horrible across the street neighbor who I had an altercation with in 2006. He wouldn't get off my property after being asked nicely because my baby was asleep - had to call the cops, and he physically threatened me in front of the officer. We know he is violent, and a child and woman abuser.

In August, 2015, we put our house up for sale. When we had done so in the past, this neighbor had contacted our listing agent each time and abrasively and aggressively tried to get him to lower the price on our home, as he was under the impression it was, overpriced. Unbelievable, the ego of this jerk. He has done this the past two times we have listed our home, and harassed and tried to intimidate us many times in the past. He will park his car in front of our house and sit in it trying to bait us into confronting him. I am a very strong woman, so I stare back aggressively - I will NOT be intimidated. He would try to get with women who are friends of ours and try to hire on the cheap people who worked for us to try to pump them for private information to fuel his stalking. They all refused him. These people he would try to scam would always warn us. We became so annoyed we purchased cameras to watch 24/7. Truth be told, even though I am a woman, he is so annoying I'd love just one punch in his ass-ugly face.

He is a repeat scam artist, always on the take and looking for ways to extort money or sue frivolously. He likes to fancy himself a real estate investor, but is really a section 8 housing manager. I actually own a commercial real estate firm, so he knows who I am, and always tries to get in my business. I've already banned him from renting from us commercially. We knew before we listed our house recently that he would harass our agents again, and that he would most likely try to gain entry to our home via an external agent to continue the harassment and stalking, or maybe have an, "accident" and take it to the next level so he could sue. In reaction to this realization, we rightfully instructed our agent to put in the MLS broker comments to not show this jerk our home. As we expected, the jerk tried exactly that on November 3rd, 2015, to gain entry to our home via an external agent. Upon learning that his access was denied and he was caught, he actually had the gall to contact my agent's broker and threatened to sue us and them because this violent ape was barred entry to our home! He can't play the race card, I've documented all the folks who have viewed our home, many black, white, muslim, and warmly welcomed. We took the MLS note off, but we are still vetting EVERYONE and barring him from entering MY PRIVATE PROPERTY.

We called the cops to report this latest harassment, got the police report on file - just want to start a nice paper trail, so the next time he tries to get on our property, we can have him arrested and file a Criminal Trespass Warning.

Any other things we can do to keep this ape off of our property? I seriously doubt he will sue anyone - he would get laughed out of court. He is as dumb and poor as he is ugly. And we all know dumb animals can be dangerous.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.
Please define "cheap people". Thank You, Blue

Archimedes0404

My original answer stands - YOU seem to be as much a part of the problem as a part of the solution. If you truly were a successful business person who can look at this as a BUSINESS matter, then you'd see the wisdom in my advice.
And, Dearest, MY ORIGINAL ANSWER stands. GO AWAY.

Zigner

OMG...CAN YOU READ????? It says the jerk has tried to, "Hire People On The Cheap", which means, trying to insult the folks who work for me by offering employment for half the price they charge. UNBELIEVABLE.
Your post was ambiguous. What you posted could also be interpreted as saying that the neighbor tried to hire on the people that were working cheaply for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Blue

OMG...CAN YOU READ????? It says the jerk has tried to, "Hire People On The Cheap", which means, trying to insult the folks who work for me by offering employment for half the price they charge. UNBELIEVABLE.
and try to hire on the cheap people who worked for us
This is what you wrote. Quoted from your first post. ^ The lack of punctuation gave the quote a different meaning.

And yes. I can read. Quite well. Thanks for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">